Sunday, September 29, 2013

A good day...

Today, was a very good day... it is finally starting to cool down enough that I am actually enjoying being outside! I am sure that this is great for my daughter since we have been spending most of our time cooped up in the house with the air conditioner on full blast! This pregnancy I have been so hot my family has been referring to me as a furnace , I honestly do not think that I have perspired this much in my entire life! lol... Well anyway, today was so beautiful (and not too windy) I decided I would wash and hang my cloth diapers! This to me is very exciting! I have been wanting to wash my diapers for the first time and smell that clean smell you get from clothes on the line. I still have about 8 weeks until my due date, but I couldn't wait any longer to start getting everything ready...


 This side of the line shows all of the prefolds! 
Isn't that a lovely site? 

About the time that I finished with the hanging, there was starting to be a chill in the air. I thought tonight would be the perfect night for corn chowder! (One of my most favorite meals) Corn chowder is sooooo simple to make but so comforting and delicious! 

Corn Chowder
3 good sized carrots chopped
4 stalks of celery chopped
1 whole onion chopped
3 medium sized potatoes chopped
2 cans of Cream Corn
1-2 cans of evaporated milk
1 stick of butter
parsley

In your pot saute your celery, carrots, and onion. Cook until the veggies are al dente, add in your potatoes and just enough water to cover everything. Cook until the potatoes are done. Add in the rest of the ingredients. Cook about another 10-15 min. and enjoy! 

Like I said this recipe is super simple but delicious! You can always add more of less of any of the veggies and it will still turn out great! Also if you are in the mood for a thicker chowder just add less evaporated milk! It has always been tradition in our family to eat our chowder with bologna sandwiches, but not having any, I decided to eat it with tomato sandwiches! It was delicious! 


I love the 2 colors of tomatoes! These tomatoes were given to me to my Momma straight out of her garden! Delicious! There is nothing like a fresh garden tomato!

I  really hope that you enjoyed this post! 
Until next time! <3








No comments:

Post a Comment